You can find the following bug fixes and improvements in this version:
- Restoring of in-app-purchases works now more reliably
- Updating a play to BGG now correctly updates the game once again if the BGG link was changed in the app
- Posting plays to BGG is faster and more reliable
- Games without an image can now be found on BGG as well
- If both ‘Add myself to new plays’ and ‘Mark new players’ are set the new mark is now correctly set on yourself as well
- Challenge Auto-fill now selects the first game to reach each number of plays, instead of the last.
- A game’s player filter now also displays currently selected players, even if they never played that game, so you can deselect them
- The total play time estimate on the Insights screen is now more precise
- When browsing from Insights to a Game, and on to Plays of that game, the current selected period is preset in the filters
- Some improvements in the textual export of the Insights screen (accessible from the export-button on the top-right of that screen)
- Added hint to the BGG search field that you can also find a game to link based on the game’s BGG ID
- Import of games from BoardGameGeek
You can now import your owned games, wishlist, or other part of your BGG collection as games in the app. This is a one-way import for now, there is no collection management (yet) and games cannot be set to owned etc. The owned or wishlist status is not imported, just the games.
- Of course the usual bug fixes are included as well.
Bugfix release, which fixes:
- Sharing a Challenge could result in incompletely drawn progress bars
- Fixes the BGG icon continuing spinning after completing an auto-post to BGG
- Fixes problems with the Player counts pie chart on the Insights screen
- Filtering on ‘All’ or ‘Only’ Players in the Plays list is now much faster
- Fixes problems in NemeStats sync with authentication, adding games and recognising added games.
- Marks suggested NemeStats gaming group based on the play’s players when posting a play.
- Fixed typo’s and visual issues
Version 2.1.3 added:
- Fixes a bug where editing existing plays would reset the New flag on players.
- Fixes a bug in sharing Challenges on iPad.
Version 2.1.2 added:
Board Game Stats now sets the New flag automatically in new plays, if the players are new to the game!
You can then manually change the New flag per player, if you know they’ve played the game before. You can turn this off in the Settings as well, if you want.
- Insights now shows the number of named players next to the total number of players
- The Games list of a Challenge is smaller if you have more than 20 games in the challenge
- Bugfix in the auto-fill of Challenges
- Bugfix in the Game overview statistics not counting the last day of the selected period.
Version 2.1.1 added:
You can now set a preference to use a Game image backdrop on the Game overview.
- Fixes always 0 days remaining on Challenge overview
- Fixes sharing of Challenge with lots of Games
- Loads larger Game images where possible so sharing plays with them looks much better
- Minor visual fixes.
Version 2.1 added:
Updates for the Challenges expansion:
- Now allows to add more Games to the challenge than the goal: only the most played games will be counted automatically
- Now has an auto-fill option so you don’t have to select all Games manually and let BG Stats find the most played games.
- You can exclude Games to never count in an auto-filled Challenge.
- When linking to BGG, a bigger Game image is now loaded.
- When linking a new Game to BGG, the suggested name is now from the search results instead of BGG’s default name.
- Playing time is now displayed everywhere as hours:minutes
- Some layout and textual fixes.
Version 2.0 added:
New Challenges expansion (in-app purchase)!
- Set x times y challenges: play x games y times
- Set the time period and add the games to track
- Create hardcore challenges that cannot be changed during the challenge
- Share your challenge, status and results
A Home screen quick action to Add a Play has been added.
- Fixed a crash on exporting files or statistics
- Fixed the Create Players and games buttons in the NemeStats settings.
Version 1.9.9 added:
- Added option to share the Game image if the Play has no image
- Warns before deleting a play that is synced to BGG or NemeStats
- Added option to delete a play from BGG in sync when deleting it from the app
- NemeStats accounts with lots of Players and Games in multiple GamingGroups can now authorise more reliably
- Fixes icons in the Help
- Some other small improvements.
Version 1.9.8 added:
- Fixes in NemeStats stability and editing of existing plays.
- Plays are now correctly deleted from BGG and NemeStats when deleted in the app
- Ability to remove link to BGG from a game by left-swiping over the link
- First play date on Game overview now displays full date instead of just the year
- Visual improvements
Version 1.9.7 added:
- Bugfixes for iOS 10 compatibility and stability in NemeStats sync.
- Minimum iOS version is now 8.0.
- Game overviews and Insights now show total number of players including anonymous players.
- When linking game to BGG existing image is now correctly replaced by BGG image.
- You can now sync NemeStats from multiple devices without having to reauthorize each time.
- Win percentage for New players statistic is now only based on plays with new players.
- Tied score statistics are hidden for games without scoring
Version 1.9.6 added:
- More iPad improvements and iOS 7 compatibility.
- NemeStats syncing errors are better caught and handled.
- Rounding of scores is now on 2 decimals instead of 1.
Please note this will be one of the last updates supporting iOS 7. Apple is moving on, and so must we to be able to support new features in recent iOS releases.
Version 1.9.5 added:
This release contains mainly improvements for how the app looks on iPad and in landscape mode on iPhone. iPads with iOS 7 should now really work.
Version 1.9.4 added:
Bug fix release:
- iPads with iOS 7 should now work again
- You can set more than 5 players in a team as start player
In a couple of places the fonts are enlarged and space is better divided on iPad and larger screens. This is an ongoing process that will continue over the next updates.
Version 1.9.3 added:
Universal! Now Board Game Stats works natively on iPads! Including support for Slide over and Split view on supported iPads.
- Insights now do remember Any/All setting for Players filter
- Lowest score wins now calculated correctly when auto-posting to BGG
- Updates of BGG and NemeStats sync are synced to the cloud immediately
- Auto-assigned ranks assign ranks 1-2-2-4 instead of 1-2-2-3 in case of ties
- Flickering of large pie charts removed
Version 1.9.2 added:
New options in the settings:
- Mark new players and starter players in the list of plays
- Always add myself to new plays
- Use the date of the currently selected play when creating a new one
- Not all Deep statistics became visible under iOS 7 after purchasing
- A winning streak of 1 was displayed as 0
- Game stats and Detail stats for a Game filtered on selected players even if the filter was inactive
- NemeStats post now allows re-posting plays that do no longer exist on NemeStats.
- NemeStats Update Games and Players now cleans up better, marks inactive players or games, and links your account’s player to ‘Me’
- Logging off from NemeStats now cleans up all NemeStats linking data, making it possible to redo the linking
- Can now post scores higher than 1.000.000 to NemeStats
- Some visual issues
Version 1.9.1 added:
- Fixed image handling settings, some extra checks on NemeStats sync and some visual issues.
- Long-press the NS button to set or remove the NemeStats Play ID manually.
Version 1.9 added:
This update adds the ‘Deep stats expansion’. Unleash the full potential and dive into your stats with this in-app purchase!
You can enable Deep statistics via Settings (the gear icon) > Deep statistics.
Board Game Stats now integrates with NemeStats, syncing games, players and plays for your Gaming Groups.
You can read more and enable NemeStats sync via Settings (the gear icon) > NemeStats Settings.
Deep stats include:
- Filter Game statistics on specific players, time periods and locations
- View Game score charts based on the number of players
- See the longest winning streak and current winning streak
- See how often a tiebreaker resulted in a win
- See how many new players played and won, and how often the start player wins
- Compare top and average scores for each player count
- Compare players’ stats by filtering on them
- Filter Board Game Stats Insights on specific players, locations and player counts
- View the total playing time (estimated) for each Game on the Insights screen
- Filter All plays, the plays of a Game or on a Location on specific players and period
Other improvements for everyone:
- New layout for the Game overview page, showing more info and score chart
- You can now sort on several columns in the Games list for a Player, and in the Players list for a Game.
- You can tap pie charts to view them enlarged
- Option to auto-assign ranks to the players based on their win condition and scores
- Order your Plays list to set the play order right (important for determining streaks!)
- Shows your average chance of winning for a Game based on your plays
- The overview screen shows bigger charts on bigger screens
- And lots of other smallish improvements.
Version 1.8 added:
Cloud sync: sync your Plays between your devices with this in-app purchase. Try it free for two weeks!
- Automatically keeps your devices in sync
- Syncs all Play details, Players, Locations and Games (with exception of photos)
- Keeps a complete backup of your database in the cloud.
- Landscape orientation. Now view all Board Game Stats screens in landscape format.
- Swipe through your plays’ photos full screen
- Stability improvements: tries to restore itself after a problem occurred.
- Adds a + 1 round button to the Play details screen.
- BGG usernames are no longer case sensitive for logging in.
- Ability to remove an image from a Game by swiping over it in the edit screen.
- Asks to discard changes if you cancel editing a Play after change something.
- The Locations list now has an index in alphabetical view as well.
Lots of stability improvements, minor enhancements and bug fixes, among which:
- Winner calculation takes decimals into account.
- Displays year correctly for jan 2016 in certain locales.
- Removes duplicate plays from BGG if posting encountered a problem before.
- Prevents crashes when filtering while adding and deleting games and players.
- Prevents problems when restoring state resulting in a list of Games with no way to leave the screen.
- Better compatibility with iCloud Photo Library when linking images in the photo library.
Version 1.7 added:
- Search fields for Players and Games (scroll to top to view the search field)
- Anonymous players:
- You can add any number of anonymous Players to a Play
- Anonymous Players are not mentioned in statistics, but count for number of players and top scores
- Existing players can be made anonymous
- Board Game Geek syncing options:
- Preference to auto-post to BGG; changes to Plays will be auto-updated as well
- Preference to mark Plays that were not posted or updated to BGG
- Visible difference to BGG status: not posted, posted, updated locally since posting
- Average play time for a Game
- Settings for how to display Pie charts:
- Hide anonymous players (default) or show them (they will be shown as a group)
- Hide yourself in Pie charts (default) or show yourself as one of the players
- Setting which articles (a, the, etc.) should be ignored when sorting the list of Games
- Image handling Settings:
- Preference to save Photos taken in the app to the Photo library
- Preference to link to photos instead of copying them when selecting from Photo library
- Preference to mark Plays that have images
- View all Plays with photos
- Move all existing photos in the app to the Photo library, creating some space in the app, but keeping the link to the Plays
- Ability to deselect a Location for a Play: swipe the Location in the Edit Play screen and press Delete
- Ability to click on a Player’s name to view details, from the Game overview
Fixed problems with:
- updating images for a Game
- editing the name of a Game
- linking Games to BGG if participating in the BGG Game page beta
- special characters in the default Twitter message’s hashtag
- exporting and importing with multiple separate Games linked to one BGG Game (like Unpublished prototype)
- remembering sort state of Games and Plays
- auto-selecting winner for Games where lowest score wins and scores are negative
- scores higher than 1 million
- Several other small fixes and enhancements
Version 1.6.2 added:
- Emoji characters can now be used in comments without causing problems with posting to BGG, problems with very long comments fixed as well
- Ability to merge locations added
- Creating a new Play from the Overview screen now creates a completely empty one; creating a new Play from any other place creates it prefilled with the information from the last play from your current context
- Tapping the date on the Statistics screen now jumps to today
- Improved handling of large import files, especially on older devices
- Performance enhancements in the list of Plays if you have many, many plays
- Performance enhancements in the Player overview screen
- Increased stability in adding new Players
- Corrects play count statistics for all Plays which could have gone wrong in an import from BGG
- Corrected wrapping of long player names in the list of players on the Game overview page
- Improved stability for the automatically created backup-export
- Adjusted display of Game information for cooperative games
- Removed problems in browsing through teams in the Edit play screens
- Small textual and visual improvements
Please note that due to a policy change Facebook sharing cannot prefill the sharing text and therefor is only available if you have an image for the play, and you’ll have to type your own text.
Version 1.6 and 1.6.1 (with fixes) added:
- New features for Plays:
- Duration in minutes
- Number of rounds played
- Ability to mark a Play to be Ignored for statistics because it was incomplete or invalid
- Ability to change the scoring method of a Game while adding a Play
- New Player details: Start player, New player, Starting position and Rank
- Other new features:
- Import of plays from BoardGameGeek from a specific user, for a specific period
- Delete imported plays or remove link to BGG from plays for a specific period
- Set a Game to be cooperative: if nobody is marked as the winner, ‘the Game’ wins
- Ability to merge players
- Show all Player details and their picture in the selection list when editing a Play
- Sort selected Players on top of the list while editing a Play
- Add an index to the Player screens
- Show number of wins next to win percentages on Play overview and Game overview screens
- Overview of plays sorts winners before other players, and lists ‘others’ for long lists
- Keep updating winners after entering scores as long as it makes sense
- Support up to eight teams, and teams can have names
- Show designer and scoring method for a Game on the Game overview
- Show creation and modification date and time on Play details when editing play
- On Game overview shows scoring method, and if linked to BGG designer of a game
- The Statistics can now be shared without personal details
- Import of backup files (.tsv) is now much faster
- Bugs fixed:
- Problems with adding new Games that appeared since iOS 8.3
- Problems when adding or editing Games and Players while adding a new Play
- Problem posting to BGG if emoticons where used in the comments
- Game images loading on top of each other in some cases
- Case dependent sorting of Players and Games
- The statistics overview always goes back to January
- Adding a player to an existing team doesn’t updates his scores or win
- Export of statistics to CSV format isn’t recognized by Numbers
- Logging off from BGG in the Settings doesn’t logoff in the web views
- Import of backup files (.tsv) needs multiple tries
- 1.6.1: Problems with the importing from BGG from 1.6
- 1.6.1: Crash when editing team information
- 1.6.1: Crash when viewing the list of players
- 1.6.1: Problem when posting plays with longer comments to BGG
Version 1.5 added:
- Added ‘All time’ view and extra pie charts to the Statistics screen
- Complete statistics screen can now be shared as an image
- Fixes problems with logging in to BGG if username or password contained certain characters
- Better BGG game searching results, handles lots of results better
- Ability to add comments and images to a Play while editing it
- Supports multiline comments for Plays
- Pie charts have more colors, display percentages and show number of ‘other’ values
- Lots of other small improvements and stability enhancements.
Version 1.4.1 added:
- Updated to be compatible with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus
- Adds a yearly or monthly statistics overview with H-index and fives and dimes
- Improves BGG posting and provides feedback while busy
- Now has an in-app message if there are known problems with BGG connection
- Added ability to add photos to a play, the first one is also used in Twitter posts and sharing
- Added profile images for Players
- Creates auto-backup file for rescue via iTunes if no other recovery method works anymore
- Added overall win percentage for a player, displays BGG name
- Lots of other small fixes and improvements.
Version 1.3 added:
- Ability to post your play to BoardGameGeek with one click
- Ability to share your play to Twitter, Facebook or other services
- Ability to export your plays via Mail, Messages or Airdrop
- Ability to export your plays to other apps, like Dropbox
- Added iTunes file sync so you can always access your database in case of problems
- Optimized import of large backups
- Bug fixes and other small improvements
Version 1.2 added:
- Adds Locations tab
- Adds sorting options for Players and Locations
- Adds comment field for a Play
- You can now browse through a list of plays with the arrows or by swiping left or right
- Lots of small improvements and bug fixes
Version 1.1 added:
- Updates the import/export functionality to be able to update from one device to another and back without problems: now updates existing plays with the last modified version and doesn’t add duplicates
- When choosing a picture from library or taking a new photo size is no longer limited to square photos
- The Add Play screen now also shows the lowest winning and average scores for the selected game
- Other improvements