We receive lots of feature requests for Board Game Stats. Aside from bugfixes, which we always try to pick-up as soon as possible, all feature requests are recorded. An overview of the most requested features can be found below.
A listed feature does not automatically mean it will get implemented – this depends on popularity, technical complexity, and other considerations.
The following major features are planned for development. As they often are partly intertwined we often work on more than one in parallel. They are not listed in order of release. They can be free upgrades or we might choose to release them as paid expansion.
Localization: translate in Dutch, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish(3.10), Finnish, Italian, Ukrainian(3.15), Swedish(3.25.2), Polish(3.28), Czech(4.2), Icelandic(4.2), Simplified Chinese(4.2)
Volunteers are also working on: Bulgarian, Greek, Korean, Russian, and Turkish
Tagging: grouping and custom filters for games, grouping of players and locations, advanced collection management and organizer functionality.(3.5) Expansion logging: link played expansions to a play, view play stats for base games and expansions separately, post expansion plays to BGG.(3.6) Score Sheets: use custom score sheets per game to track separate scoring categories in a play, and see stats about those categories.(4.0)
- Image management: better and more reliable linking to external play images, cloud backup of images, browsing through saved images, add multiple, rotate and crop.
Backup and import all images, option to save play images in-app for Android.(4.2)
Other requested features per category.
- Insights: filter on cooperative/competitive games
and base-games only, games with multiple winners (3.14)
- More stats and
sorting for board/variants screen; sort numbers naturally(3.25)
- And/or filtering on board/variants screen (note: you can already use the Played Sets to filter ‘and’).
- Compare scores with averages from Cloud sync users
Collection costs: cost per play, playtime, player, etc. for a game(3.9)
- Collection costs: import prices for games; total collection cost; cost for game including expansions; price sold; cost for expansion including base game; add upgrade, accessory and shipping costs separately; current value.
- Sorting and filtering on purchase price.
- Cost per play per copy; differentiate between currencies; consider purchase date.
- Spent on collection purchase in specific period
- Stats for team roles, stats for teams
- Average winning score in roles table
- Player screen: add filters, show win percentages per player count, show H-index line, show number of ignored plays, current and overal win/loss/rank streak
- Challenge-specific insights and list of included plays
- Average ranking of a group of players, stats on rank, seating order, total tally of scores.
- Cumulative scores over a set of plays, sum of scores per player on game overview or Insights.
- Insights: show which players are new-to-me
- Insights: show average number of plays per game
- Insights: add option to show average time and sort on it in detail column
- Base some charts optionally on play time / duration instead of play count (pie charts, most played games on overview)
- Add absolute values in pie charts
- Graph of score development over time for a game, score histogram, list of all scores
- Show history of collection changes in a graph, more stats on Collection, including owners of played games.
- Stats on time in collection and time between acquisition and first play, including averages
View plays in calendar, with heatmap(3.7) Heatmap: show scale, toggle to view play duration instead of play count(3.7) Heatmap: tap to view plays on tapped day(3.7) , for all time view too.
- Portrait version of heat map.
- Combine for stats plays of game entries that are essentially the same game (for calculation of H-index, % base games played, challenges, big box containers, etc.)
- Calculate a ‘P-index’, with how many players did you play at least as much games/plays? Same for an L-index.
- Insights: export the data as .csv for the games and players tabs
- Pie chart of publication year of games played/owned
- Stats of average age of games played
- Calculate win percentage for player/role stats from a minimum number of plays only
- Filter game stats on specific roles, compare stats of roles
- Stats for role sets over all players in play.
- Filter game overview on multiple player counts.
- Add Yesterday, This week, Last week, Last 365 days, Last X days options to Period filter.
- Add Select all / none buttons to board/variant and expansion selection screens.
- Stats for win margin (difference between winning and next-best score, and variants).
- Average spread (difference between winning and lowest score).
- Average win chance for a player for a specific game (next to win percentage)
- Statistics per tag, win chance and win percentage e.g.
- Table of win percentage per player for a list of games
- Show total play time with each player (on Player page and Insights)
- Show number of highs scores and corresponding games for a player
- Add a player ranking system (elo/glicko/rankade)
- Option to list expansions in the Insights game list.
- Calculate percentage of own base games played based on ownership status at time of play
- Configure minimum number of plays for a player to be counted in win% stats (currently fixed values per play count, see FAQ).
- Use median for average play time and scores instead of average.
- Win chance calculation based on actual logged win chance
- Insights bar chart: based on number of different games, and play time
- Game overview: add bar chart like on Insights (games per year/month)
- Game overview: add pie charts for day of week, location, number of players, location
- Game overview: add bar chart for players
- Insights: choose which player ‘New’ and other stats are based on.
- Calendar overview where you can see calendar and plays on same screen.
- Compare statistics on Insights with previous period and same period last year.
- Stats for dice rolls during a play
- Insights: filter on New games: option to also show games that were new in the selected period, even if the play in which it was marked new does not fit other filter criteria like player count.
- Show history graph of H-index
- Setting to always show “Cost per …” as all time, regardless of selected period on Insights
- Show on how many different days was played at a location (already possible to find out with filtering on Insights)
- For all-time heatmap add toggle Average / Total
- Heatmap for acquisitions
- Option to not count wish list items with status “Don’t buy this” for number of games on the wish list.
Play, Game, Player management
- Use multiple-select to change
the board/variant(3.13), date
- Use multiple-select to replace anonymous players and add players (with option to recalculate ‘new’), set play count, set player details like start-player, new, non-player, role.
- Use multiple-select to edit tags for players and locations
- Export (selected) games list as text, pfd, CSV or to the clipboard.
- Ability to delete used roles and board/variant
Edit game’s publication year Add notes(3.5) and multiple usernames to a player
- Edit Tags while adding/editing a player
Filtering players: make filter options ‘Any’, ‘All’, ‘Only’ and ‘Exact’(3.4.6)
- Set timezone for location; display date of play accordingly
- Add notes to locations
- Filter on plays that
needs posting/updating to BGG,have no winners or are ignored
- Filter plays on ‘No location’, ‘No players’, anonymous players, support ‘not player/location’
- Filter plays by role c.q. view plays for a certain role
- Filter plays by Game and Location directly from plays list
- Filter plays without copies or board/variants
- Filter plays list by ‘new to me’
- Add search field to Plays list (searching game name, player names, Play tag when added)
- Show selected details in plays list, like board/variant, scores, comment, game picture/image etc.
- Show selected details in games list, like icon for coop/solo, last play date and number of plays on games list based on the current filtered subset, publishers, version etc.
- Filter games on expansions only, ‘not’ having status, and cooperative/scoring type, having notes, cost per play, in more than x challenges
- Filter games on played copy (mine, other)
- Filter showing all Owned or Played games
- Group games and expansions together, listing only base games with option to expand to show expansions for the game.
- Advanced filter on play-location and play-location tag, also player-tag.
- Mark game as played without logging a play (date unknown, played x times)
- Sort games by collection data like
acquisition date, status change and price(3.18), location, Trade Condition
- Filter games by collection data like acquisition date, status change and price, location, Trade Condition
- Sort and filter games by average play time as recorded by the app (not published times)
- Custom sort for games within a tag (creating a top list)
- Filter games by ‘new to me’ (Games list
- Filter games by specific (exact) supported player counts
Group games and players, create custom game filters (see: Tagging)(3.5) List games as borrowed or loaned out (see: Tagging)(3.5)
- Tag plays
Search games on BGG name(3.6), version names, owner Search players on account name(s)(3.19)
- Archive players/locations
- Merge game entries
Allow larger player images(3.5) Ability to delete a game even when it’s selected in a Challenge(3.5.5)
- Add ascending and descending options to more sorts
- Set priority for Want to to play games
- Show rank of items instead of numbering in Insight lists
- Ability to add custom image to game copies
- List all known expansions for a game and add to collection from game overview (add to app and set collection status)
- Browse through plays from Last play
- Sort player lists by hours played optionally
- Filter players and locations by not having a specific tag
- Filter games: prioritise exact or begin matches or provide option for starts-with search
- Use formatting in the Game Notes, add links to rules/manual.
- Option to ignore plays for player-count as well when ignored.
Link to game from a challenge, even if it wasn’t played yet.(3.18.1)
- Ability to copy saved filter
- Sort/filter on ‘date added’
- Sort on ‘Inventory date’
- Update selected game info from BGG in bulk; optionally update game name from BGG when refreshing properties.
- When setting a game on “owned” ask to enter acquisition date.
- Advanced filter: don’t show games with selected min-ages (e.g. hide games that are 6+)
- Advanced filter: filter “or”, e.g. games Owned OR games with tag X.
- Add favourite players (sorted on top)
- Gallery view for Game list.
- Option to use BGG default or other image instead of default version image.
- Separating Board/Variants into two categories “boards” and “variants”
Suggest a game to play(3.12), suggest a random (or best) game to play next for the challenge (or most challenges) Choose a starting player(3.13)
- Randomise teams /
roles(4.1) / board/variant / players Add score setting ‘no winner’, e.g. for Solo games(3.26)
- Add separate play result ‘tied’/’draw’, instead of all winning or losing or no winners
Set number of players separately to support Solo games with automa’s and AI’s(3.14) Mark player as ‘non-player’ for player-count, configure player to be ‘non-player’ by default (for AI, automa, explainers, DM’s, etc.)(3.14)
- Add yourself multiple times for two-handed (and more) play.
- Ability to give The Game a name, role and score for cooperative play
Set cooperative per-play instead of per-game(3.13)
- Select for which games specific Non-players are used.
- Configure until which time of night a play is still logged for the previous day/date
- Named anonymous players
- Select teams like roles from previously used list
Set seating order, as alternative to the text field start position(3.27)
- Set starting position field based on seating order and start player flag
- Set rank using drag’n’drop
- Select multiple images at once – link reliably to external images
- Set color for players, roles
- Setting in new plays: always add specific players (instead of only me)
Note that you can already duplicate a play including players and locations by creating the new play from a previous play’s overview screen.
Setting in new plays: add my copy as played by default (if I own the game)(3.25.3)
- Add configuration for what to copy into new plays – show banner what has been copied with a way to adjust immediately – dependent on how long ago the copied play was
- Optionally copy comments of copied play
- Log multiple sessions as one play with one end result (split over multiple days e.g., stats over average play time per session), with option to remember player turn.
- Log multiple plays as one campaign (optionally use incomplete flag, stats over overall campaign)
- Log start and end date of play, mark play as asynchronous
- Log a play without a date (unknown play date but details available)
- Rate a play, rating for game after play for each player
Log scores per round (see: Score sheets)(4.0) Log played expansions (see: Expansion logging)(3.6)
- Set default expansions for a game
- Ability to define for played expansions which copy was played
- Choose location from predefined list of board game cafes
Note scores but record win based on best of x rounds; note best score only (see: Score sheets)(4.0) Note win condition (in some game-specific Score sheets)(4.0)
- Set minimum score needed to mark play as a win / define score ranges with corresponding achievement titles
- Track in-game character stats
- Log if this was an online/app/digital play
- Option to sort players on Most plays of this game when selecting for a play
- Add all players with a specific tag to a play at once (like a game group)
- Show players from the current location only, optionally select default set of players for a location.
- Select Location as owner of the played copy, or choose ‘platform’
- Add timers for setup, explanation, tear-down
- Add myself multiple times to a play
- Sort options for selecting expansions (most/recent use, name)
- Expansion-specific board/variants and roles: define them on expansions so you can use them in a play where you’ve added that expansion
- Grouping of roles: assign roles in the group, view stats for the whole group
- Add description to board/variant
- Show more banners and comparing scores after saving a play (worst score, others).
- Show last starting player of this game (and/or for this group)
- Score / tracks / stats tracker for during play.
- Log music played during game, game-specific playlists.
- Support for tournaments, leagues, competitions, contests, and competitions with handicaps etc.
- End game scoring options
- Select players: always show already selected players and ‘Me’, regardless of filter
- Ability for multiplication and division in score fields
- In Expansion-selector for a play, show the collection status of each expansion
- In Expansion-selector optionally also show other linked items on BGG, e.g. via ‘contains’, to be able to select big box content from a list.
- Support individual scores in team games (even without using a score sheet)
- Support people playing together as one player (virtual team) sharing the score and win, but not changing the player count.
- Ability to differentiate between own copies when selecting one when logging a play. (by, for instance, displaying location, private comment etc.)
- Ability to enter text in score fields
- Abitlity to easily set rank
- Option per game to specify if one or more roles can be chosen. If one, roles should be deselected when selecting another one.
- Set a role for every member of a team at once
- Link a play between players devices so they can all input data (like scores) in the play.
- Tournament of games (knock-out)
- Ability to create a score sheet or edit/add text to a row, set colors, move position
- Ability to use icons in score sheets
- Fill fields with 0s instead of remaining blanks (option)
- Show members of each team
- Ability to add all team members on a sheet and score separately, adding up to one team score.
- Ability to filter scores in games with a “win” condition radiobutton
- Ability to break ties in an individual round on a most rounds won sheet.
- Link to plays with score sheets, and specific plays and their score sheet with the min and max score.
- Show player info like role, start player, new player.
- Ability to move scores between rows.
- Match BGA results to scoresheets.
- Ability to enter an overwriting total score at the end of the score sheet.
- Add options for Best scoring sheets and Worst scoring sheets to Stats dropdown, showing for each player their scores from their best/worst scoring play.
- Show how often the max or min value of scores were reached in the stats sheet.
- Option to download/update the score sheet cache for selected games.
- Ability to delete the score sheet from a play.
- Ability to add extra row to rounds-based template-based sheet.
- Set focus to new row
Integrations and social
- Share Play overview as an image
- Share Game overview as an image
- Customize the default sharing text to include more details in your format
- Connect to friends, receive plays you participated in automatically, share stats
- View collection of friends
- Share plays via link or QR-code instead of play-file.
- Optionally share comments in shared play file.
- Option to make play comments private
- Import or receive plays from online gaming platforms like
Yucata, BoardGameArena(3.16), BrettSpielWelt, Boiteajeux, Tabletopia, TableTopSimulator, Chess.com, 18xx.games, Dominion.games, Steam, boardgamecore.net etc.
- Yucata/BGA import: filter on plays to import; scheduled imports. BGA: import play details like variant, role and game speed.
- Ability to import from Ludopedia, MyLudo and other international sites
- Support for RPGGeek and VideoGeek, Board game accessories
- Show and sort on BGG data like weight, suggested players, category, game length, designer, artist, publisher, year etc.
- Show BGG rating (overall and mine), rate games, sort/filter on rating
- Rank games using a ranking system
- Re-import play from BGG (overwriting play in the app)
- Automatic full BGG play sync
- Post plays to BGG without any data.
- Option to ignore Non-players when posting to BGG
- Replace collection in app by BGG’s collection, or vice versa
- Ability for board game cafes to define their location and collection
- Scan barcode to add game to app (needs barcode database)
- Scan NFC tag to select game in app
- Family Cloud sync to sync everything except the link of plays and collection to BGG so everybody can keep using their own BGG account
- Stronger play-posting anonymizing: not even initials, or skip complete player/location information, possibility of anonymising “me”.
Ability to open BG Stats to a specific game using an URL with a BGG ID, optionally starting a new play with that game as well.(3.6)
- Post play to multiple BGG accounts (for each player) – player would have to login in the app.
- Create, share, vote, import recommended sets of boards/variants/tags/roles/notes (also: copy-paste within the app)
- Load data from Cloud directly (e.g. json-export like the app creates, or query plays of specific game and/or players).
- When importing games from other BGG users, add a chosen tag to those games.
- Share a challenge (the configuration) with others
3×3 Sharing: add ability to insert blank square(3.21)
- Add an alternative name and image for sharing
- When sharing a play file, also share Played copy and adjust owner
- Ability to choose what is shared from Insights / remove names when sharing from Insights
On Insights, tap the total time played to see the exact recorded time.(3.4.6) Replace Players/Played with pie chart with bar chart(3.5) Sort players on Play overview on name, score, position(3.9.4/9) , seat order(3.27) , group by team
- Show win count next to win% on Play overview for games without scores
- Add more achievement levels for number of plays on Insights (fives, dimes, etc)
- Add achievements/badges for reaching pre-set goals, or define your own personal goals like (reach score x in game y, win x times game y, have win% by date z, achievements per game).
- Filter displayed games and players on Insights (without affecting stats)
- Sort player count pie chart based on player count, not on size
Add more currencies to game copy purchase info(3.4.6) Multiple-select plays – set played copy: allow for different games(3.24.5)
- Easier way to choose name for game (from version names, e.g.)
- Versions selector: select language to always sort on top
- Colour picker for 3×3 image background colour
- Ability to reorder Board/variants
- Role randomizer: for all players at once; multiple roles;
Ability to share a play image(3.9.7)
- “Game recommender” that asks pre-set questions to select a game to play.
- Choose colors for tags, display with game
- Edit Filter Menu: ability to rearrange order
- Set role to White and Black for Chess depending on who was start player
- Button to swipe through applicable dates (based on filters) on Insights
- For a Challenge, display the date it was completed.
- Sort games in a Challenge by ‘Almost done’, moving completed ones to the bottom or optionally to the Previous challenge list.
- Add ‘Upcoming challenges’ folder for Challenges that haven’t started yet.
- Suggest more games to play next in a Challenge.
- In H-index Challenge overview, show all games that can increase the H-index.
- Show how many plays to go in Challenge progress to catch up to today.
- Ability to choose ‘Ongoing’ time frame for a Challenge
- Mark preferred reserve in Challenges
- Ability to sort the list of challenges on % or alphabetical etc.
- Add “change of completing” percentage to challenges based on progress and time (elapsed and remaining)
- Add a specific play to a challenge
- Automatically update challenges like Unplayed/All from collection/from tag.
- Add completed H-index challenge to Previous Challenges
- Alphabet Challenge: tap a letter to see a list of and choose an eligible game
- New challenges:
play 1 game per day(3.9); get price down to x perhour/ play(3.24); get price down to x per play(3.24);
- get price down to x per (player) hour;
- win certain amount of plays;
- reach a win rate;
- play amount with certain people;
- play certain number of hours;
- get all my owned game to x plays;
- head-to-head challenge e.g. best of 50 plays in a period;
- play x games per week/month/year;
- challenge based on BGG top x;
alphabet challenge (including playing in order)(3.24) ;
- play x new to me games per week/month/year;
- play a game every day of the year (over many years, set number of plays per game);
- staircase challenge;
- play a certain role or board/variant x times;
- play to get a game up to X plays;
- Challenge based on awards.
- Display tips for new users
- Make collection data (comments, price paid etc.) more accessible, add price and date sold
- Authorize cloud sync for new device using old device instead of email
Check for use of Cloud sync or recent backup and notify when necessary(3.11)
- Warn when using Anonymize to BGG feature and not backing up elsewhere
- Option to hide sync status messages in title bar
- Choose order of info on Overview screen and which collection info to display
- Choose which details to display in the list of plays (
- When choosing owner of played copy, sort current players and owners at this location, on top
- Top 5 scores with link to plays on Game overview screen
- Play overview screen: show visibly that base games and expansions are part of games owned stat
- Add “Stats this year” to last 30, last year, all-time stats pager.
- Choose starting screen (Overview, Plays, Games)
- View edit game’s collection from game list directly
- Show role-related tabs on Game overview only when roles are added (always show Add role button though)
- Optionally remove color from randomization icon
- Insights: create saved filters
- Global app-wide search
- Ability to swipe through games from a list, from the Game page
- Create multiple separate profiles in the app
- – Let the Random Player selector show the starting player full screen (for everyone around the table to be able to see it)
- Ability to clear all four filters on Insights with one button
- Ability to keep the screen on when a score sheet is open
- Better support for accessibility features
- Support dynamic text sizing
Multiple-select using two-finger swipe (iOS)(3.16.3)
- Shortcut support (iOS): add a play, start new play for a game, get list of games, players, plays, etc.
- Add notifications
- Ability to add Notification to play a game again after x time (week, month, etc)
- Automatic backups (besides Cloud sync)
- Recognize locations automatically using GPS
- Link players to contacts on your device, add social media links to players / link to contacts there
- Support widgets / lock screen controls
- Run on
Mac (M1)(3.11.1) / ChromeOS / Windows (11 via Amazon)
- Apple Watch / Android Wear app
- Integrate Siri / Google Search/Assistant
- Offer app via Huawei App Gallery, Amazon Store
- Link to App Store entry for the app / check for updates button
- Link to App’s settings in the Settings app
- Ability to share the app to tv or other screen.
- Android, ability to go back to main screen with one action (depending on device this is already possible)