We receive lots of feature requests for Board Game Stats. Aside from bugfixes, which we always try to pick-up as soon as possible, all feature requests are recorded. An overview of the most requested features can be found below.
A listed feature does not automatically mean it will get implemented – this depends on popularity, technical complexity, and other considerations.
The following major features are planned for development. As they often are partly intertwined we often work on more than one in parallel. They are not listed in order of release. They can be free upgrades or we might choose to release them as paid expansion.
Localization: translate in Dutch, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish(3.10), Finnish, Italian, Ukrainian(3.15).
Next up: translate into Bulgarian, Czech, Greek, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, Turkish
Tagging: grouping and custom filters for games, grouping of players and locations, advanced collection management and organizer functionality.(3.5) Expansion logging: link played expansions to a play, view play stats for base games and expansions separately, post expansion plays to BGG.(3.6)
- Score sheets: use custom score sheets per game to track separate scoring categories in a play, and see stats about those categories.
- Image management: better and more reliable linking to external play images, cloud backup of images, browsing through saved images, add multiple, rotate and crop.
Other requested features per category.
- Insights: filter on cooperative/competitive games
and base-games only, games with multiple winners (3.14)
- More stats and sorting for board/variants screen; sort numbers naturally
- And/or filtering on board/variants screen (note: you can already use the Played Sets to filter ‘and’).
- Compare scores with averages from Cloud sync users
Collection costs: cost per play, playtime, player, etc. for a game(3.9)
- Collection costs: import prices for games; total collection cost; cost for game including expansions; price sold; cost for expansion including base game; add upgrade, accessory and shipping costs separately.
- Spent on collection purchase in specific period
- Stats for team roles, stats for teams
- Average winning score in roles table
- Player screen: add filters, show win percentages per player count, show H-index line
- Challenge-specific insights and list of included plays
- Average ranking of a group of players, stats on rank, seating order, total tally of scores.
- Cumulative scores over a set of plays, sum of scores per player on game overview or Insights.
- Insights: show which players are new-to-me
- Insights: show average number of plays per game
- Base some charts optionally on play time / duration instead of play count (pie charts, most played games on overview)
- Add absolute values in pie charts
- Graph of score development over time for a game, score histogram
- Show history of collection changes in a graph, more stats on Collection, including owners of played games.
- Stats on time in collection and time between acquisition and first play, including averages
View plays in calendar, with heatmap(3.7) Heatmap: show scale, toggle to view play duration instead of play count(3.7) Heatmap: tap to view plays on tapped day(3.7) , for all time view too.
- Combine for stats plays of game entries that are essentially the same game (for calculation of H-index, challenges)
- Calculate a ‘P-index’, with how many players did you play at least as much games/plays? Same for an L-index.
- Insights: export the data as .csv for the games and players tabs
- Pie chart of publication year of games played/owned
- Stats of average age of games played
- Calculate win percentage for player/role stats from a minimum number of plays only
- Filter game stats on specific roles, compare stats of roles
- Stats for role sets over all players in play.
- Filter game overview on multiple player counts.
- Add Yesterday, This week, Last week, Last 365 days options to Period filter.
- Add Select all / none buttons to board/variant and expansion selection screens.
- Stats for win margin (difference between winning and second-best score).
- Average spread (difference between winning and lowest score).
- Average win chance for a player for a specific game (next to win percentage)
- Statistics per tag, win chance and win percentage e.g.
- Table of win percentage per player for a list of games
- Show total play time with each player (on Player page and Insights)
- Show number of highs scores and corresponding games for a player
- Add a player ranking system (elo/glicko/rankade)
- Option to list expansions in the Insights game list.
- Calculate percentage of own base games played based on ownership status at time of play
- Configure minimum number of plays for a player to be counted in win% stats (currently fixed values per play count, see FAQ).
- Use median for average play time and scores instead of average.
- Win chance calculation based on actual logged win chance
- Insights bar chart: based on number of different games, and play time
- Game overview: add bar chart like on Insights (games per year/month)
- Insights: choose which player ‘New’ and other stats are based on.
Play, Game, Player management
- Use multiple-select to change
the board/variant(3.13), date
- Use multiple-select to replace anonymous players and add players, set play count, set player details like start-player, new, non-player.
- Use multiple-select to edit tags for players and locations
- Export (selected) games list as text, pfd or CSV
- Ability to delete used roles and board/variant
- Edit game’s publication year
Add notes(3.5) and multiple usernames to a player
- Edit Tags while adding/editing a player
Filtering players: make filter options ‘Any’, ‘All’, ‘Only’ and ‘Exact’(3.4.6)
- Set timezone for location; display date of play accordingly
- Filter on plays that needs posting/updating to BGG, have no winners or are ignored
- Filter plays on ‘No location’, ‘No players’, anonymous players, support ‘not player/location’
- Filter plays by role c.q. view plays for a certain role
- Filter plays by Game and Location directly from plays list
- Filter plays without copies or board/variants
- Filter plays list by ‘new to me’
- Add search field to Plays list (searching game name, player names)
- Show selected details in plays list, like board/variant, scores, etc.
- Filter games on expansions only, ‘not’ having status, and cooperative/scoring type, having notes, cost per play
- Filter games on played copy (mine, other)
- Filter showing all Owned or Played games
- Group games and expansions together, listing only base games with option to expand to show expansions for the game.
- Advanced filter on play-location and play-location tag, also player-tag.
- Mark game as played without logging a play (date unknown, played x times)
Sortand filter games by collection data like acquisition date, status change and price(3.18)
- Sort and filter games by average play time as recorded by the app (not published times)
- Custom sort for games within a tag (creating a top list)
- Filter games by ‘new to me’ (Games list and Insights)
- Filter games by specific (exact) supported player counts
Group games and players, create custom game filters (see: Tagging)(3.5) List games as borrowed or loaned out (see: Tagging)(3.5)
- Tag plays
Search games on BGG name(3.6), version names, owner
- Search players on account name(s)
- Archive players/locations
- Merge game entries
Allow larger player images(3.5) Ability to delete a game even when it’s selected in a Challenge(3.5.5)
- Add ascending and descending options to sorts
- Set priority for Want to to play games
- Show rank of items instead of numbering in Insight lists
- Optionally display last play date and number of plays on games list based on the current filtered subset
- Ability to add custom image to game copies
- List all known expansions for a game and add to collection from game overview (add to app and set collection status)
- Show icon for coop/solo games in lists
- Browse through plays from Last play
- Sort player lists by hours played optionally
- Filter players and locations by not having a specific tag
- Filter games: priorities exact or begin matches or provide option for starts-with search
- Use formatting in the Game Notes, add links to rules/manual.
- Option to ignore plays for player-count as well when ignored.
- Link to game from a challenge, even if it wasn’t played yet.
- Ability to copy saved filter
Suggest a game to play(3.12), suggest a random game to play next for the challenge Choose a starting player(3.13)
- Randomise teams / roles / board/variant
- Add score setting ‘no winner’, e.g. for Solo games
Set number of players separately to support Solo games with automa’s and AI’s(3.14) Mark player as ‘non-player’ for player-count, configure player to be ‘non-player’ by default (for AI, automa, explainers, DM’s, etc.)(3.14)
- Add yourself multiple times for two-handed (and more) play.
- Ability to give The Game a name, role and score for cooperative play
- Set cooperative per-play instead of per-game
- Select for which games specific Non-players are used.
- Configure until which time of night a play is still logged for the previous day
- Named anonymous players
- Select teams like roles from previously used list
- Set seating order, as alternative to the text field start position
- Set rank using drag’n’drop
- Select multiple images at once – link reliably to external images
- Set color for players
- Setting in new plays: always add specific players (instead of only me)
Note that you can already duplicate a play including players and locations by creating the new play from a previous play’s overview screen.
- Setting in new plays: add my copy as played by default (if I own the game)
- Add configuration for what to copy into new plays – show banner what has been copied with a way to adjust immediately
- Optionally copy comments of copied play
- Log multiple sessions as one play with one end result (campaign, optionally use incomplete flag)
- Log start and end date of play, mark play as asynchronous
- Log a play without a date (unknown play date but details available)
- Rate a play, rating for game after play for each player
- Log scores per round (see: Score sheets)
Log played expansions (see: Expansion logging)(3.6)
- Set default expansions for a game
- Ability to define for played expansions which copy was played
- Choose location from predefined list of board game cafes
- Note scores but record win based on best of x rounds; note best score only
- Note win condition (see: Score sheets)
- Set minimum score needed to mark play as a win
- Track in-game character stats
- Log if this was an online/app/digital play
- Option to sort players on Most plays of this game when selecting for a play
- Add all players with a specific tag to a play at once (like a game group)
- Show players from the current location only
- Select Location as owner of the played copy, or choose ‘platform’
- Add timers for setup, explanation, tear-down
- Add myself multiple times to a play
- Sort options for selecting expansions (most/recent use, name)
- Expansion-specific board/variants and roles: define them on expansions so you can use them in a play where you’ve added that expansion
- Grouping of roles: assign roles in the group, view stats for the whole group
- Add description to board/variant
- Show more banners and comparing scores after saving a play (worst score, others).
- Show last starting player of this game.
- Score / tracks / stats tracker for during play.
- Log music played during game, game-specific playlists.
- Support for tournaments, leagues, competitions, contests etc.
- End game scoring options
- Select players: always show already selected players and ‘Me’, regardless of filter
Integrations and social
- Share Play overview as an image
- Customize the default sharing text to include more details in your format
- Connect to friends, receive plays you participated in automatically, share stats
- View collection of friends
- Share plays via link or QR-code instead of play-file.
- Optionally share comments in shared play file.
Import or receive plays from online gaming platforms like Yucata, BoardGameArena(3.16), BrettSpielWelt, Boiteajeux, Tabletopia, TableTopSimulator, Chess.com, 18xx.games etc.
- Yucata/BGA import: filter on plays to import. BGA:: import play details like variant, role and game speed.
- Ability to import from Ludopedia, MyLudo and other international sites
- Support for RPGGeek and VideoGeek, Board game accessories
- Show and sort on BGG data like weight, suggested players, category, game length, designer, year
- Show BGG rating (overall and mine), rate games, sort/filter on rating
- Rank games using a ranking system
- Re-import play from BGG (overwriting play in the app)
- Automatic full BGG play sync
- Option to ignore Non-players when posting to BGG
- Replace collection in app by BGG’s collection, or vice versa
- Ability for board game cafes to define their location and collection
- Scan barcode to add game to app (needs barcode database)
- Scan NFC tag to select game in app
- Family Cloud sync to sync everything except the link of plays and collection to BGG so everybody can keep using their own BGG account
- Stronger play-posting anonymizing: not even initials, or skip complete player/location information, possibility of anonymising “me”.
Ability to open BG Stats to a specific game using an URL with a BGG ID, optionally starting a new play with that game as well.(3.6)
- Post play to multiple BGG accounts (for each player) – player would have to login in the app.
- Create, share, vote, import recommended sets of boards/variants/tags/roles.
- Load data from Cloud directly (e.g. json-export like the app creates).
- When importing games from other BGG users, add a chosen tag to those games.
- Share a challenge (the configuration) with others
- 3×3 Sharing: add ability to insert blank square
On Insights, tap the total time played to see the exact recorded time.(3.4.6)
- For a Challenge, display the date it was completed.
- Sort games in a Challenge by ‘Almost done’, moving completed ones to the bottom or optionally to the Previous challenge list.
- Add ‘Upcoming challenges’ folder for Challenges that haven’t started yet.
- Suggest more games to play next in a Challenge.
- In H-index Challenge overview, show all games that can increase the H-index.
Replace Players/Played with pie chart with bar chart(3.5) Sort players on Play overview on name, score, position(3.9.4/9) , seat order, group by team
- Show win count next to win% on Play overview
- Add more achievement levels for number of plays on Insights (fives, dimes, etc)
- Add achievements/badges for reaching pre-set goals, or define your own personal goals like (reach score x in game y, win x times game y, have win% by date z).
- Filter displayed games and players on Insights (without affecting stats)
- Sort player count pie chart based on player count, not on size
Add more currencies to game copy purchase info(3.4.6)
- Multiple-select plays – set played copy: allow for different games
- Easier way to choose name for game (from version names, e.g.)
- Versions selector: select language to always sort on top
Ability to share a play image(3.9.7)
- Add a specific play to a challenge
- Mark preferred reserve in Challenges
- Choose colors for tags, display with game
- Ability to choose ‘Ongoing’ time frame for a Challenge
- New challenges:
play 1 game per day(3.9); get price down to x per hour/play; win certain amount of plays; reach a win rate; play amount with certain people; play certain number of hours; get all my owned game to x plays; head-to-head challenge e.g. best of 50 plays in a period; play x games per week; challenge based on BGG top x; alphabet challenge (including playing in order); play x new to me games per week; play a game every day of the year (over many years; set number of plays per game, staircase challenge).
- Display tips for new users
- Make collection data (comments, price paid etc.) more accessible, add price sold
- Authorize cloud sync for new device using old device instead of email
Check for use of Cloud sync or recent backup and notify when necessary(3.11)
- Warn when using Anonymize to BGG feature and not backing up elsewhere
- Option to hide sync status messages in title bar
- Choose order of info on Overview screen and which collection info to display
- Choose which details to display in the list of plays (
- When choosing owner of played copy, sort current players and owners at this location, on top
- Top 5 scores with link to plays on Game overview screen
- Add “Stats this year” to last 30, last year, all-time stats pager.
- Choose starting screen (Overview, Plays, Games)
- View edit game’s collection from game list directly
- Show role-related tabs on Game overview only when roles are added (always show Add role button though)
- Optionally remove color from randomization icon
- Insights: create saved filteres
- Better support for accessibility features
- Support dynamic text sizing
- Multiple-select using two-finger swipe
- Add notifications
- Automatic backups (besides Cloud sync)
- Recognize locations automatically using GPS
- Link players to contacts on your device
- Support widgets / lock screen controls
- Run on
Mac (M1)(3.11.1) / ChromeOS / Windows (11 via Amazon)
- Apple Watch / Android Wear app
- Integrate Siri / Google Search/Assistant