We receive lots of feature requests for Board Game Stats. Aside from bugfixes, which we always try to pick-up as soon as possible, all feature requests are recorded. An overview of the most requested features can be found below.
A listed feature does not automatically mean it will get implemented – this depends on popularity, technical complexity, and other considerations.
The following major features are planned for development. As they often are partly intertwined we often work on more than one in parallel. They are not listed in order of release. They can be free upgrades or we might choose to release them as paid expansion.
- Localization: prepare for translation and coordinate with translators to get the apps translated in a variety of languages.
Tagging: grouping and custom filters for games, grouping of players and locations, advanced collection management and organizer functionality.(3.5)
- Expansion logging: link played expansions to a play, view play stats for base games and expansions separately, post expansion plays to BGG.
- Score sheets: use custom score sheets per game to track separate scoring categories in a play, and see stats about those categories.
- Image management: better and more reliable linking to external play images, cloud backup of images, browsing through saved images.
Other requested features per category.
- Insights: filter on cooperative/competitive games and base-games only
- More stats and sorting for board/variants screen; sort numbers naturally
- Compare scores with averages from Cloud sync users
- Collection stats: cost per play, playtime, player, etc. for a game; total collection cost
- Stats for team roles, stats for teams
- Player screen: add filters, show win percentages per player count, show H-index line
- Challenge-specific insights and list of included plays
- Average ranking of a group of players, stats on rank, seating order
- Cumulative scores over a set of plays
- Insights: show which players are new-to-me
- Base some charts optionally on play time instead of play count (pie charts, most played games on overview)
- Graph of score development over time for a game, score histogram
- View plays in calendar, with heatmap
- Combine for stats plays of game entries that are essentially the same game (for calculation of H-index, challenges)
- Calculate a ‘P-index’, with how many players did you play at least as much games?
- Insights: export the data as .csv for the games and players tabs
- Pie chart of publication year of games played/owned
- Stats of average age of games played
- Calculate win percentage for player/role stats from a minimum number of plays only
- Stats for role sets over all players in play.
- Stats for win margin (difference between winning and second-best score).
- Average spread (difference between winning and lowest score).
- Average win chance for a player for a specific game (next to win percentage)
Play, Game, Player management
- Use multiple-select to change the board/variant
- Use multiple-select to replace anonymous players and add players, set play count
- Export (selected) games list as text or CSV
- Ability to delete used roles and board/variant
- Edit game’s publication year
Add notes(3.5) and multiple usernames to a player Filtering players: make filter options ‘Any’, ‘All’, ‘Only’ and ‘Exact’(3.4.6)
- Set timezone for location; display date of play accordingly
- Filter on plays that needs updating to BGG, have no winners or are ignored
- Filter plays on ‘No location’, ‘No players’, anonymous players, support ‘not’
- Filter plays by role c.q. view plays for a certain role
- Filter plays by Game and Location directly from plays list
- Filter games on expansions only, ‘not’ having status
- Filter showing all Owned or Played games
- Mark game as played without logging a play (date unknown, played x times)
- Sort games by collection data like acquisition date and price
- Sort games by average play time as recorded by the app (not published times)
Group games and players, create custom game filters (see: Tagging)(3.5) List games as borrowed or loaned out (see: Tagging)(3.5)
- Search games on BGG name, version names, owner
- Search players on account name(s)
Archive players (see: Group players)(3.5)
- Merge game entries
Allow larger player images(3.5)
- Ability to delete a game even when it’s selected in a Challenge
- Add ascending and descending options to sorts
- Set priority for Want to to play games
- Suggest a game to play, suggest a random game to play next for the challenge
- Choose a starting player
- Add score setting ‘no winner’, e.g. for Solo games
- Set number of players separately to support Solo games with automa’s and AI’s
- Ability to give The Game a name, role and score for cooperative play
- Set cooperative per-play instead of per-game
- Configure until which time of night a play is still logged for the previous day
- Named anonymous players
- Select teams like roles from previously used list
- Set seating order
- Select multiple images at once – link reliably to external images
- Set color for players
- Log multiple sessions as one play with one end result
- Add a non-player, like a GM or explainer
- Log start and end date of play, mark play as asynchronous
- Rate a play, rating for game after play for each player
- Log scores per round (see: Score sheets)
- Log played expansions (see: Expansion logging)
- Choose location from predefined list of board game cafes
- Note scores but record win based on best of x rounds; note best score only
- Note win condition
- Track in-game character stats
- Option to sort players on Most plays of this game when selecting for a play
- Select Location as owner of the played copy, or choose ‘platform’
- Add setup-timer
- Tag plays
- Add myself multiple times to a play
Integrations and social
- Share Play overview as an image
- Customize the default sharing text to include more details in your format
- Connect to friends, receive plays you participated in automatically, share stats
- Import or receive plays from online gaming platforms like Yucata, BoardGameArena, BrettSpielWelt, Tabletopia, TableTopSimulator, etc.
- Ability to import from Ludopedia, MyLudo and other international sites
- Support for RPGGeek
- Show and sort on BGG data like weight, suggested players, category, designer, year
- Show BGG rating (overall and mine), rate games, sort/filter on rating
- Rank games using a ranking system
- Re-import play from BGG (overwriting play in the app)
- Automatic full BGG play sync
- Replace collection in app by BGG’s collection, or vice versa
- Ability for board game cafes to define their location and collection
- Scan barcode to add game to app (needs barcode database)
- Family Cloud sync to sync everything except the link of plays and collection to BGG so everybody can keep using their own BGG account
- Stronger play-posting anonymizing: not even initials, or skip complete player/location information
- Ability to open BG Stats to a specific game using an URL with a BGG ID, optionally starting a new play with that game as well.
- Post play to multiple BGG accounts (for each player) – player would have to login in the app.
On Insights, tap the total time played to see the exact recorded time.(3.4.6)
- For a Challenge, display the date it was completed.
Replace Players/Played with pie chart with bar chart(3.5)
- Sort players on Play overview on name, score, position, seat order, group by team
- Add more achievement levels for number of plays on Insights (fives, dimes, etc)
- Add achievements/badges for reaching pre-set goals
- Filter displayed games and players on Insights (without affecting stats)
- Setting in new plays: always add specific players (instead of only me)
Note that you can already duplicate a play including players and locations by creating the new play from a previous play’s overview screen.
- Sort player count pie chart based on player count, not on size
- Setting in new plays: add my copy as played by default (if I own the game)
Add more currencies to game copy purchase info(3.4.6)
- Multiple-select plays – set played copy: allow for different games
- Easier way to choose name for game (from version names, e.g.)
- Add a specific play to a challenge
- New challenges: play 1 game per day; get price down to x per hour/play; win certain amount of plays; reach a win rate; play amount with certain people; play certain number of hours; get all my owned game to x plays.
- Display tips for new users
- Make collection data (comments, price paid etc.) more accessible, add price sold
- Authorize cloud sync for new device using old device
- Check for use of Cloud sync or recent backup and notify when necessary
- Warn when using Anonymize to BGG feature and not backing up elsewhere
- Option to hide sync status messages in title bar
- Choose order of info on Overview screen and which collection info to display
- Choose which details to display in the list of plays
- When choosing owner of played copy, sort current players on top
- Top 5 scores with link to plays on Game overview screen
- Better support for accessibility features
- Support dynamic text sizing
- Multiple-select using two-finger swipe
- Add notifications
- Automatic backups (besides Cloud sync)
- Recognize locations automatically using GPS
- Link players to contacts on your device
- Support widgets / lock screen controls
- Run on Mac / ChromeOS
- Apple Watch / Android Wear app
- Integrate Siri / Google Search